Monday, March 13, 2017

Hunkering Down

Just thought I'd let everyone know that we're going to get hit by what my son calls a "french toast storm".  You know, the kind where everyone runs out and stocks up on bread, milk, and eggs. :)  The storm is supposed to come in tonight and continue through to Wednesday night if you believe all the weather people. 

Where we're sitting in Northeast PA they're calling for 12 to 18 inches of snow and heavy winds which means that the electric might go out.  Which in turn means no Internet.  So if you don't hear from me for a few days you'll know why.  I don't have to worry about heat as I have a propane heater with a wood stove backup.  It's always warm in my house.  And I've stocked up on my french toast ingredients :)  

5 comments:

Blackdragon said...

Take Care!




Jeff

Jacqueline Seewald said...

Same here in North Jersey. Yesterday was crazy with shoppers. I just grabbed an extra quart of milk and some bread just in case. As long as we don't lose power, no problems! I have a new mystery novel to read.

Charles Gramlich said...

take care. Hoping all will be ok.

Elizabeth said...

French toast storm, that's cute! I'm in one myself, in Buffalo. It wouldn't be so bad, except our furnace is kaput ... heating with space heaters in the meantime while waiting for estimate on a new furnace. Fortunately the house is well insulated. I'm glad your house is warm.

Leroy B. Vaughn said...

I hope everything goes well for all of you in the north-east. Take care.
I used to live in the mountains where we got a lot of snow.
Not trying to rub it in, but is it OK to mention that it is 87 degrees with 14% humidity
today at my house in Arizona.