Friday, May 31, 2013

Slightly Ajar - My Stab at the Horror Genre

I have a flash piece up at Flashes in the Dark today.  I've tried this market several times but never made the cut.  I think Horror is a tricky genre to get right because what scares one person doesn't always scare the next guy.  Personally I prefer the psychological horror over the blood and guts kind, so that can be even trickier to capture.  Anyhoo, the story is called "Slightly Ajar" and it's about those monsters hiding in the closet.

I have to admit that it's kind of fun to be closing out Short Story Month with one of my own :)

5 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I'll check it out

pattinase (abbott) said...

Congratulations! And I will also check it out.

pattinase (abbott) said...

And as I suspected, terrific. Such nice tight writing and such a wham bang end.

sandra seamans said...

Thanks,guys!!

Anonymous-9 said...

Just left you a comment. Shivers!!