Thursday, March 8, 2012

Market Notes

From Katherine Tomlinson we have an anthology call contest. There's no entry fee. Iron Cauldron Books is looking for submissions for "Richmond Macabre". They want horror stories set in Richmond, VA in any time period. 3000 to 6000 words with a deadline of March 31. There's no mention of prizes or pay. Details here http://www.richmondmacabre.com

And from Brian Lindenmuth we have a link to author/editor, Joe Clifford's blog. He's looking to start a new ezine along the lines of ThugLit. There's no details as yet but he's looking for suggestions of a name for the new zine. Drop on over and give him some encouragement. We can always use another crime fiction market. http://www.joeclifford.com/blog/2012/03/08/my-new-literary-magazine/

2 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

I am waiting for you to tell me that someone like Katherine Tomlinson is starting a zine.

sandra seamans said...

Yes, I miss Dark Valentine. There doesn't seem to be many female editors out there for the crime fiction genre. They're mostly horror or sci-fi/fantasy. I wish I was better with computers, I might consider starting one.