Friday, March 16, 2012

Bloody Scotland

From Elaine Ash we have word of the Bloody Scotland short story contest. There's a 10pound fee to enter. The deadline is June 29 for stories up to 3000 words. The theme is "Worth the Wait". And the top prize is a $2000 bottle of 35 year old single malt, publication as lead story in an ebook anthology, and a week end pass to Bloody Scotland. Runners up have their stories published in the anthology. You can find all the details here.
http://www.bloodyscotland.com/competition/

4 comments:

Rick said...

That is one of the coolest contest awards I've heard of yet.

sandra seamans said...

And well worth the entry fee if you win!

EA said...

Thanks for the promo Sandra. I've spoken with the organizers, they're all associated with the respected University of Stirling, and this is a good contest. It encompasses a respect for the old (Sherlock Holmes) and embraces the new (quality digital publishing via Blasted Heath). I had already started writing my story when the news came that I was deemed too "professional" to enter the contest. (I just signed a publishing contract for my novel.) They want to make room for new writers on the block, no matter what country of origin, and that made me respect them even more!

sandra seamans said...

Thanks for the added information, Elaine. And congrats on your book contract!!