Friday, January 20, 2012

The Sweet Blog Award

Friend of the blog, Oscar Case, has nominated the Corner for a Sweet Blog Award. Thank you, Oscar! Part of the award is name 10 other blogs for the award and tell folks who drop by seven things they don't know about you.

Now naming just ten blogs is an impossible task for me as I drop by most of the links over there on the right on a daily basis and use CrimeSpot.net for most of the rest. Hard to pick just ten. But I thought writing seven thing you don't know about me might be fun.

1. I raced my old '64 Dodge against a '71 Camero and got the old beast up to nearly a hundred miles an hour. And no, I didn't win, but I did marry the boy driving the Camero.

2. I played the maid in "Cheaper by the Dozen" in our senior class play. And spent more of my time learning how to work the stage lights then being on stage.

3. I learned the Morse Code because I had a crush on one of the boys in my class who was learning the code for Boy Scouts and we passed dots and dashes notes back and forth in class.

4. I love horses, but I've never met a horse I didn't manage to fall off of. I've given up on horseback riding.

5. My first job was cook in a Summer camp for boys where I learned to play chess and discovered that I can't taste spices in the food I'm cooking after adding a whole can of chili powder to a pot of chili. The boys claimed it was the hottest and the best chili they'd ever eaten. The boss did the seasoning after that :)

6. Got my car, yes, the '64 Dodge, stuck in the mud on a washed out dirt road and was pulled out by two guys on motorcycles - very cool.

7. Worked at a truck stop and almost gave one of the customers all the money in the register when he trapped me up against the wall and asked how much money was in the register. The boss had told us that the truck stops were getting robbed and not to play hero just hand over the money. He wanted change for a hundred.

If you'd liked to play this game, drop on over to Oscar's blog and check out the details http://oscar-curlyblog.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

Chris Rhatigan said...

Congrats on the nomination, Sandra. And very cool to learn more about you.

sandra seamans said...

I just wish I was that young and foolish again, Chris :)

Manuel Royal said...

Congrats! You do indeed have a Sweet Blog.

sandra seamans said...

Darn! And I was going for down and dirty ;) Thanks, Manuel.

Al Tucher said...

Congrats, Sandra! And I think you can expect to start seeing fictionalized versions of yourself.

sandra seamans said...

Ah, the joys of spilling your secrets to the world, Al.