Sunday, September 11, 2011

Stories in the Flood

I found this tiny scrap of words about the death of a 95 year old woman due to the floods so tragic.

http://www.wnep.com/weather/severeweatherhome/wnep-brad-first-death-caused-by-the-recent-flood-20110910,0,2691945.story

Of course the writer in me kicked in and I tried to imagine sitting there on a counter in the cold water. Her son was with her and I wondered, what did they talk about? Twelve hours alone together in the dark, with the water rising, and no help in sight. Then him, sitting there alone.

2 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

Of course, he had to be pretty elderly too. What a horrible end.

sandra seamans said...

I expect he was, Patti, but they barely mentioned him, which is what set me to wondering. And yes, it's a death I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.