Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Best Fiction

I love finding zines that celebrate not just the short story but authors who write in the form. Welcome to the web "Best Fiction: A Journal of Short Stories". The site has just opened and is looking for subs that blur the lines between literary and crime. http://bestfiction.org

Stories should be 1500 to 7500 words and the pay is $25 per story minimum. Established authors can negotiate their fees.

On the site you'll find video talks featuring Tennessee Williams, Charles Bukowski, and Ernest Hemingway. Click on Classic of the Day and you'll find the Raold Dahl short story, "Man From the South".

A lot of care has gone into setting up this site, so drop over and give them your support. Zines don't exist in a vacuum - they need writers and readers to keep them going, just the same as print zines.

8 comments:

David Cranmer said...

I like the idea behind this site and the pages look marvelous. I will add a link at BEAT to a PULP.

Thanks, Sandra.

sandra seamans said...

Thank you, David! Yes, it does look great and I love what he's done so far, his love for shorts just shines through. I'm hoping the site will take off.

pattinase (abbott) said...

That sounds like a great one for me to try. Thanks!

sandra seamans said...

I was thinking about you, Patti, when I found this one. There's quite a few women who write in that place between lit and crime and finding markets can be tricky. Good luck!

Conda Douglas said...

I'm impressed with "Best Fiction"! Thanks for the find.

sandra seamans said...

It's a lovely site, isn't it, Conda? I'm hoping it will stay around for a good long while.

Robert Barton said...

Thanks for checking out my new site and linking to it! The site is still very new, but some excellent writers have submitted stories, and photographers are sending their photos.
Thanks again.

Rob Barton
www.bestfiction.org

sandra seamans said...

You're most welcome, Robert!! Thanks for stopping by the Corner!