Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Anthology Call

I ran across this anthology call, "Fantastic Stories of the Imagination" over at Ralan.com. The pay is excellent at 10cents a word with a $250 cap and 2cents a word with a $100 cap for reprints. The word count is mentioned in the comments and the editor prefers stories to be more than 1000 words with probably a 10,000 word top count. You can find the details here http://warrenlapine.livejournal.com/35917.html

And for the but...I'd never heard of Wilder Publications but in checking it out, I found that the editor, Warren Lapine, while having a fairly good track record as a publisher has been in some difficulties the last two or three years. You can read about it here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Lapine or do a search for both Wilder and Lapine. There's also a boycott page on Facebook for both of them.

I have no clue if any of this will affect the anthology but thought you ought to know and be able to check things out for yourself before submitting.

2 comments:

Warren Lapine said...

The problems and boycott you mention are all a product of my having pissed Glenn Beck off. It's political in nature and has nothing to do with my genre publishing.
Warren Lapine

sandra seamans said...

Thanks for the clarification, Mr. Lapine. All I had to go by was what I was reading on the 'net, which isn't always reliable. Best of luck with the anthology!!