Monday, September 20, 2010

A Mixed Bag

I have a very odd assortment of calls for you today!

http://pinkpetalbooks.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=26&chapter=0 Pink Petal Books is an erotic romance e-publisher and at the link you will find the submission guidelines for a novella contest. 25,000 to 45,000 words of erotic romance with a December 1 deadline. The top three winners receive cash and a publishing contract. They pay 40% royalties on the cover price of ebooks and 10% on print. No fee to enter.

If you're into saving the earth, Vanilla Heart Books is looking for you. They have an anthology call out for their "Nature's Gift" anthology. They're looking for poetry and shorts and non-fiction of 300 to 25,000 words. The deadline is February 5, 2011. Pay is a pdf copy of the book and assorted gifts. They have several other anthology calls on the site that you can check out. http://www.vanillaheartbooksandauthors.com/Nature_s_Gifts_Anthology.html

You have until March 31, 2011 in enter Deadly Ink's short story contest. Contest stories will be selected for inclusion into Deadly Ink's annual anthology. Each author published receives $25 and all profits from the anthology go to the Christopher Reeve Foundation. They're looking for a max of 5000 words with the story set in New Jersey with a deadly incident that needs to be solved. You can find all the details at http://www.deadlyink.com/short.html No fee to enter.

Darkmarkets.com has a few new listings up http://darkmarkets.com

And I discovered a new blog called Angie's Desk which publishes anthology calls once a month. Here's the link to September's post http://angiesdesk.blogspot.com/2010/09/anthology-markets.html

5 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

I must have become very impatient but waiting until March--probably even later to hear--seems too long now. I need instant gratification, I guess. I do have a story set in NJ. Will I, won't I?

sandra seamans said...

Ah, go for it! Just ship and off then forget about it. I think the Internet has pretty well spoiled us. I remember waiting 8 to 10 months for responses. One non-fiction piece was published 10 years after I submitted it. They actually had a bit of trouble finding me as we'd changed our phone number.

pattinase (abbott) said...

After looking it over, I realize my incident is not solved. She gets away with it so I guess I can't use it. My murders rarely get solved. I just realized that. I am posting a challenge tomorrow. Something a little different. Hope you have time.

Barb Goffman said...

Hi. I had the same thought myself first time I read the call - that the incident had to be solved in the story. But D.I. has had the same call for a few years, and a lot of the stories they've published involve crimes that are not solved in the story; they merely are crimes that need solving (should someone recognize what happened). Hope this helps.

sandra seamans said...

Thanks for the added information, Barb, it's most appreciated!