Sunday, July 11, 2010

Don't Worry, Be Happy

Sometimes it's just nice to sit back and enjoy the good things that life tosses your way. The sun is shining after a bit of rain yesterday and the air has cooled back down to breathable. All week I just wanted to flop in the shade with the cats while the thermometer skyrocketed into the nineties. I know you guys down south deal with those temperatures most of the summer, but hey, I'm up north - in the mountains. We do fans, not air conditioners!

This morning I finished a short story for the Spinetingler contest. Checked the word count and found that I had coasted right on by the word limit of 1450. Tomorrow, I'll be polishing it up and looking for a market. It's a pretty cool revenge story, if I do say so myself. I'm tempted to send it off to AHMM but I don't think there's enough mystery in it to work for that market. And of course, there's always the double whammy of when I think it's a great story, it never finds a home syndrome. Yes, I'm chanting the mantra, write-submit, write-submit, write-submit. But hey, this is the second story I finished this week and the other one is already out there.

Oh yes, I made one of my fluffy pineapple cheesecake desserts yesterday - that always make me happy.

And now I feel like a silly little girl! I accidentally posted this to the SMFS blog! Hopefully nobody will have seen it before I realized what I did and deleted it. Shhh! Don't tell anyone. :)

4 comments:

David Cranmer said...

Congrats on getting the hard part of the story done. I'm looking forward to reading it.

Pineapple cheesecake desserts! Once again, can you send that my way?

sandra seamans said...

I'll let you know when I find a home for it, David, and the recipe is in your email box. But I did forget to add this - keep it in the fridge!

Charles Gramlich said...

I spent a few hours relaxing today too. Needed it. But tonight I've got to get back to writing.

sandra seamans said...

Sometimes you just need that break to make the words flow better, Charles.