Thursday, June 3, 2010

For Kyle Minor Fans

There's an interesting interview with short story writer, Kyle Minor, over at Pank Magazine. http://www.pankmagazine.com/pankblog/?p=4527 and a short story in the current issue http://www.pankmagazine.com/?p=1748 called "The Reason Why People Will Always Be Enthralled by Plainspoken High-Stakes Domestic Realism"

The title is almost longer than the story! Mr. Minor's flash pieces have a very different feel than his shorts. They always leave me thinking, wondering, or shaking my head. This one, left me wanting more of the story. I could feel something deeper there, just below the surface of the story. I wanted to know more. Yeah, the title says it all.

5 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

Loved his collection. I'll take a peek.

sandra seamans said...

It's a very quick read, Patti. And very different from his usual style.

Naomi Johnson said...

I can hardly wait to see a novel from Minor. I'm always impressed by his stories.

Unknown said...

Thanks Sandra, Kyle's a good friend, and has helped me out way beyond his call. I'll check this out.

sandra seamans said...

Welcome to the Corner, Frank! It's always a pleasure to link to Kyle's stories when I find them. Have you read the one over at 52Stories? He stepped into sci-fi territory with that one, without losing his Southern voice. Very cool!