Thursday, April 1, 2010

Got Stories?

If you're in need of a bit of inspiration to set your fingers tap-tap-tapping on the keyboard, I have a couple.

First up, the crew over at Crimefactory is putting out a special issue called "Kung Fu Factory". They're seeking stories up to 4000 words by August 15 that revolve around martial arts or other fight (boxing, wrestling, fight club?) venues. Unless you're invited, the regular submission rules of sending off a query apply to this call. You can find all the details here http://bloodyknucklescallusedfingertips.blogspot.com/2010/03/shattered-bones-concussed-brains-fu.html

And the lovely Patti Abbot has issued her Spring flash fiction challenge called "Sweet Dreams". She's posted a setting and a set-up for you, all you have to do is run with the story while the music plays in your head. 1000 words tops with a May 1st challenge day. You can find all the details at http://pattinase.blogspot.com/2010/04/spring-flash-fiction-challenge-sweet.html

3 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

Thanks, Sandra. You are a doll. If I hadn't voted for myself yesterday, I would have voted for you as providing service to the industry. Hope you have time to write one.

sandra seamans said...

Always a pleasure to pass on links to all the good stuff, Patti! I'll let you know if I come up with something.

Paul D Brazill said...

I didn't vote for myself... can you guess who I voted for?