Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spinetingler Award Short Story Nominees

Here are the nominees for the 2010 Spinetingler Awards for Best Short Story on the Web. You can find the original announcement at http://www.spinetinglermag.com/2010/03/24/2010-spinetingler-award-best-short-story-on-the-web-nominees/#more-1586 How cool is that list? And a big Hoo-Ray for David Cranmer whose zine Beat to a Pulp captured three nominations!! Congratulations to all the nominees!!! We're having a big Snoopy Dancing Party here at the Corner today.


2010 Spinetingler Award: Best Short Story on the Web nominees

A Wild and Crazy Night by John Kenyon from Beat to a Pulp
At Least I felt Something by Sophie Littlefield from The Drowning Machine
Blurred Lines by Michael Moreci from A Twist of Noir
Flesh Rule by Frank Bill from Plots with Guns
Insatiable by Hilary Davidson from Beat to a Pulp
My Father’s Son by Alan Griffiths from A Twist of Noir
MSM by Anonymous 9 from Plots with Guns
The Present by Mark Joseph Kiewlak from A Twist Of Noir
Survival Instincts by Sandra Seamans from Pulp Pusher
The Tut by Paul D Brazill from Beat to a Pulp

14 comments:

Naomi Johnson said...

All right, Sandra! Congratulations!

sandra seamans said...

Thanks! and Sophie Littlefield's story from Corey's competition is there! How cool for the Drowning Pool!! What a list of stories!!!

sandra seamans said...

And that would be Drowning Machine! I'll bet you can't tell I'm a bit excited this morning :)

David Cranmer said...

Thanks Sandra. You made my day with your e-mail and link. I can say, I've read everyone of these stories and they're all very deserving.

Three! That's terrific!

Paul D Brazill said...

Congrats Sandra! Thanks for posting this!And thanks to David & Elaine for having me at BTAP!

sandra seamans said...

I love the Spinetingler Awards because they spotlight the zines and online stories, David.

That was so cool to see your name on the list, Paul! The Tut was one of my favorite stories last year!

Barb Goffman said...

YAY for you, Sandra! Very cool!!!

Naomi Johnson said...

LOL! Dave Z. always calls it the Drowning Pool. You're in good company.

Hilary Davidson said...

Congrats, Sandra! I remember reading your "Survival Instincts" — it's a fantastic story. Very excited by the list overall. Clearly 2009 was a fine year for short fiction!

Unknown said...

There were almost too many stories to choose from. It was a fine year. Congrats, Sandra!

BV Lawson said...

Congrats on your nomination for the Spinetingler Award, Sandra! A great story, many other terrific authors, and some amazing e-zines, to boot.

Cormac Brown said...

Sorry that I hadn't wished you a big congratulations sooner. I only knew about Paul and I just read about you at the Rap Sheet, moments ago. Break out champagne!

sandra seamans said...

Wow! Thanks so much everyone! And yes, it was a great year for shorts on the web! The big "They" keep saying shorts are dead, but I don't believe them, not with evidence to the contrary staring me in the face. Long live the short story!!!

Anita Page said...

Congratulations to all! Haven't yet read all the stories, but look forward to do that.