Tuesday, December 15, 2009

We Have Linkage

Brian Lindenmuth sent me this link today http://www.theamericanscholar.org/living-on-500000-a-year/ It's an interesting article that takes a look at F. Scott Fitzgerald's tax returns and earning over the years for his writing. And thanks to The Great Gatsby, he's still earning royalties.

BV Lawson posted this link to the SMFS list http://tinyurl.com/ycgoea5 This article is about short stories and iPods.

Over at Charles Tan's blog there's a very interesting interview with anthology editor,Danel Olson, about Gothic Fiction and the work involved putting together an anthology and getting it published. http://charles-tan.blogspot.com/2009/12/interview-danel-olson.html

The December issue of Yellow Mama has arrived with short stories by Kieran Shea, Sarah Hilary, Jodi McArthur and many others. Also submissions were supposed to reopen today but the opening has been pushed back to January. http://blackpetalsks.tripod.com/yellowmama/index.html

And if you're in the mood for a marathon of flash reading you might try Steve Weddle's Memorial Airport Flash Fiction Challenge. You'll find flash stories by Patti Abbott, Paul Brazill, Keith Rawson and a whole slew of other writers. Ha. The link I had doesn't have the links to the stories but if you take a stroll over at CrimeSpace, Patti Abbott's blog or some of the links to the bottom left on my blog, you're sure to find links to most of the stories. And of course, if someone drops me the link, I'll post it up. Got it! http://danielboshea.wordpress.com/

One final thing. The website for Shakespeare's Monkey Review is down and Duotrope has declared them a dead market so I've removed their link from the sidebar. This was a nice little print magazine and I was lucky enough to have a story included in one of their issues this past year. They'll be missed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This?

http://danielboshea.wordpress.com/2009/12/02/the-steve-weddle-memorial-airport-flash-fiction-challenge/

or have I misunderstood?

sandra seamans said...

Yes, that's it, Anton. The list of names he has there links to their stories.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Another fine batch, weren't they? I am beginning to think we have a great community of short story writers--although I missed one from Sandra Seamans. (I know how busy this time of year is and shouldn't have written one myself).

sandra seamans said...

Truth, Patti? I've never been in an airport or even on a plane except for those elephant planes at the carnival. I really didn't think I could do the theme justice.

pattinase (abbott) said...

I think you could do any theme justice (just think bored out of your mind) but I see your dilemma.

sandra seamans said...

Thanks for the compliment, Patti. I think part of my problem was the tiny one plane "airports" we have around here that consist of a steel building and a landing strip out across the hay field. The "terminal" is basically three guys standing around drinking beer.