Friday, November 13, 2009

Links and Market News

With a hat tip to the lovely Women of Mystery we have two links to articles in the Wall Street Journal. The first is a lovely article about short stories and the fact that people are starting to notice that we're still out here writing them. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704576204574531671483978740.html

The second is an interesting interview with Cormac McCarthy
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704576204574529703577274572.html

I found this next article, "What Editors Want", courtesy of Charles Tan's blog http://www.jeffvandermeer.com/2009/11/11/what-editors-want/ Lots of good advice in this piece.

And in market news, Yellow Mama has closed to submissions until December 15 and SnipLits is open to only romance submissions to the end of this month then they'll be closed until February.

Over at Duotrope, I ran across Black Coffee Press. They're looking for literary shorts and novels. I can't find where they pay an advance or how much the royalties would be if your collection is accepted so that's something you'll have to ask the editors if you decide to submit. Here's the link http://www.blackcoffeepress.net/

5 comments:

Travis Erwin said...

Thanks for the links.

sandra seamans said...

You're very welcome, Travis, and thanks for stopping by!

Naomi Johnson said...

I'm a sometime short-story writer, and I make it a point to stop by pretty much every day and see what's what on your blog. I don't know where I would look for all this information if you didn't nicely summarize and provide the links. It's got to be a LOT of work, so I humbly thank you.

sandra seamans said...

It's not so hard, Naomi. I've found a few spots that provide lots of links then start reading and looking for things that I like and think you folks might enjoy. Just between you and me, the search for links is the fun part.

sandra seamans said...

I forgot to mention that I have some very wonderful people like Michael Bracken, Brian Lindenmuth and Paul Brazill who send me great links to post. Which makes for even more fun.