Thursday, March 5, 2009

Up For a Challenge?

I sometimes forget about this neat little magazine. The First Line Magazine supplies the first line and you supply the story. Fiction or non-fiction, 300 to 3000 words and they pay. The next deadline is May 1 for the Summer 2009 issue and the sentence is:

"For two weeks now, I've been trying to figure out if people are laughing with me or at me."

The First Line is a lit magazine but they're open to all types of stories. You can find the guidelines here http://www.thefirstline.com/submission.htm

So, are you up for it?

5 comments:

Paul D Brazill said...

Oh, I fancy a bit of that. It sounds like my world!

pattinase (abbott) said...

Yes, it does sound rather autobiographical.

sandra seamans said...

Yep, we've probably all felt that way at one time or another. Make that every day?

David Cranmer said...

Only if I split my molecules. Sounds like fun but I'm currently swamped.

sandra seamans said...

Swamped is good, David. It means you're busy writing, and you've gotta love that. Can't wait to read some more of your stories when they find homes.