Friday, December 19, 2008

An X-rated Snoopy Dance

Editor, Rey Gonzalez, at the new flash site, The Flash Fiction Offensive has just published my story "Loaded Guns". Every once in a while, I like to cut loose with a really nasty story and this one fills the bill. It has the F-bomb and a lot of sexual innuendo. If you don't mind being offended you can read it here: http://theflashfictionoffensive.blogspot.com/2008/12/1.html

Mr. Gonzalez asked me to spread the word that he's looking for submissions, so get writing, guys. Also the stories are eligible to be picked up for Out of the Gutter's flash section, same as Muzzle Flash.

Just a little addition here: I feel like Christmas came early, Christopher Grant has accepted and posted a Christmas story I wrote at A Twist of Noir. Snoopy's in overdrive today :-) I posted the link to "A Mulberry Street Christmas" in the Sampler column if anyone cares to read it.

9 comments:

Barbara Martin said...

Sandra, wonderful story. It was great having a chuckle. (That's not what I call x-rated.)

sandra seamans said...

Thanks, Barbara! Me neither on the x-rated, but a lot of folks don't like cuss words so I try to warn them ahead of time what to expect.

David Cranmer said...

Congrats, Sandra! I will head over in a little bit and check it out.

pattinase (abbott) said...

I hate this expression but it fits here. You go, girl.

David Cranmer said...

Ha! I just came back to say your story is up at A Twist Of Noir also. Ok, I'm on my way back now to read it.

sandra seamans said...

Thanks everyone, for your kind comments here and on the fiction sites. Most appreciated!

Jesse Rawlins said...

Hi Sandra. Enjoyed your story!

My name is Jesse Rawlins, and in a strange and unexpected twist of fate, I took the Flash Fiction Offensive torch from Hector Duarte, Jr. on February 4, 2019 -- with Canadian Crime Writer Beau Johnson and Brit Grit author James "Jim" Shaffer now acting as the magazines editors.

I've been trying to re-construct FFO's history, so I'm excited to discover your post! While I was told that Mr. Rey Gonzalez founded FFO, no one I've been in touch with has been able to provide me with a founding date. And although the blogspot still exists and the stories remain archived, the earliest tales I'd chanced to see until now were dated in 2010. So your story's the oldest I've seen.

Do you happen to know when FFO launched?

Sincerely,

Jesse Rawlins
jrawlins.crimefictionwriter@gmail.com
ffoeditors.2019@gmail.com
https://outofthegutteronline.submittable.com/submit

sandra seamans said...

I'd say it was December of 2008. I remember Rey asked me to announce that he was looking for submissions (and he asked me to send something in) and this is the only post I have with that announcement. Glad you enjoyed the story.

sandra seamans said...

I just checked and MuzzleFlash closed in October of 2008 and the Flash Fiction Offensive opened shortly after if that helps.