Saturday, November 15, 2008

Little Things

Today was filled those little things that make a writer smile. Spent the day polishing up a story that I plan on sending off to Christopher Grant's "A Twist of Noir". I always figure that when I can read through a story without the itch to change anything, than it's ready to go. This one will probably go through the wringer once or twice more.

Got an email from Chris Pimental that he'd like to use the flash I submitted to Bad Things back in the Spring. He's been ill and that's why things got hung up for a while with his new zine. He's on the mend now and ready to go forward with Bad Things.

Earlier this evening I found a mention of my blog and writing on David Cranmer's blog that made me blush with pleasure. Always nice to know you have a fan. David is also starting a new zine called "Beat to a Pulp". He's still working out the details and I promise to post them when he's made them available.

There was a comment on the last post from Jason Evans. It's so nice when someone finds your blog and let's you know. Jason's blog, The Clarity of Night, is one of my favorite places to visit. It's always full of the most beautiful photographs and poems. I find it a very peaceful place to visit. Jason also has flash contests several times a year, which are always fun. I'll be sure to post when he has the next one.

Oh yes, I read a story the other day by John Weagly and started chuckling to myself in the car today as my mind flashed back to the story. I love a story that sticks with you and that's what "Wishing on Whores" does. The story is in the new issue of Thieves Jargon (link on the left) and here's a direct link:
http://www.thievesjargon.com/workview.php?work=1251

All in all it was a satisfying day.

4 comments:

David Cranmer said...

Sandra, I too spent the day polishing up a couple of stories. They had been laying around awhile and I finished them off. A good feeling!

pattinase (abbott) said...

Oh, to be back writing stories instead of struggling with a novel that almost certainly will never see the light of day.

sandra seamans said...

David, I love picking up a story I've let set for a while. You come back to it with such fresh eyes and the mistakes and possibilities just jump off the page.

sandra seamans said...

Patti, I'd love to attempt a novel but I don't think I have the skills for it yet. Maybe if I could take a story longer than 40 pages I might give it a try.

Do you find it difficult to write a novel and short stories at the same time?