Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fumbling Around

Starting blogging is a curious feeling. You stare at the screen and wonder what the hell you're going to write about. Are you interesting enough for anyone to even want to read your thoughts? Will anyone even care enough to comment?

I guess this post is about fumbling around in the blog dark. Too stubborn to turn on the light, so you stub your toe, then find yourself hopping around the room, falling over that pair of shoes you left in the middle of the floor and generally making a complete fool of yourself. So please be patient with me as I find my way.

I hope to post some links to blogs I enjoy reading. Photos are pretty much out for the time being. Something else I'll have to learn. Yeah, I'm not very computer savvy, so building this blog will be a slow process. Hopefully readers will bear with me.

My hope for this blog is that it will be helpful. I love to read and will share my thoughts on books and short stories. My passion is writing, so I'll try to share some of my struggles, a few markets, a few stories and perhaps you, good reader will do the same.

And I'll leave you with a quote from "Dirty" Harry Callahan that pretty much sums up this post:

"A man has got to know his limitations."

No comments: